Monday, March 11, 2013

Monochromatic Man!

Here's My Card for The Friday Mashup Challenge 100: Let's Celebrate!  The idea was to pick one of the past challenges; so I looked through all of them and settled
on #6 - Monochromatic Man!

The challenge was to use a Monochromatic colour scheme,
or do a Masculine card, or Mash It Up and do both!












I needed to make a birthday card for my nephew and wanted to try a gift card holder I had seen at Christmas.   I chose a Chocolate Chip monochromatic theme, and added brads and hardware to keep with the masculine theme.  As it is supposed to look like a wrapped gift box I added a bow, but tried to keep it simple and not too "girly".  I also used clear embossing powder for the background stamp (Affection Collection) and the sentiment (Teeny Tiny Words).  All products are Stampin' Up!  The ribbon, DSP and large brad are all retired.

 
The top pulls off/out to reveal the gift.  In this case I am going to use cash, but a gift card works as well.  The strip inside holding the gift was dry embossed with the Elegant Brocade folder and the sentiment is from Petite Pairs.


3 comments:

  1. Great gift holder, love the use of Chocolate Chip and the clear embossing!

    Thanks for joining us for the 100th Challenge celebration at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little gift shape and the pull-out sleeve. Very clever! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup's 100th celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card! This is a gorgeous project for any occasion. Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!